ALL MOUNTAIN DEVELOPMENT | ALPINE RACE TEAM | MASTER’S & SINGLE DAY DROP-IN
Athletes of intermediate or advanced skill levels will develop strong fundamentals in skiing, learn to be part of a team, and grow a passion for racing in a fun and competitive environment. The team trains and/or races every weekend from November until April depending on the athlete’s program.
- All members are required to hold a U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association Membership.
- Team uniforms are provided (must be returned at the end of the season).
- If eligible, athletes may travel to competitive races.
- Coaches assist athletes in selecting appropriate equipment for the athletes program.
- All members must have valid lift ticket or season pass for Sipapu Ski Area and/or Ski Santa Fe depending on the program (Ski Santa Fe passes available at a discount for athletes, SIPAPU Power Pass is free for children 12 and under).
- Multi-family member discounts available.
- Learn more from Frequently Asked Questions.
- Learn more about 2023/2024 U.S Ski & Snowboard & FIS Race Equipment Requirements.
- Refer to our Parent & Athlete Guide for information about training, races and general rules of conduct.
ALL MOUNTAIN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM | U8-U18 $750
This program provides athletes with the opportunity to train with Santa Fe Ski Team coaches to build a sound foundation with comprehensive drills and training courses. Athletes may be eligible to participate in regional Fun Races to gain race experience.
The All Mountain Development Program operates SATURDAY’s from January through April at Ski Santa Fe (no training on blackout days).
Uniforms are provided (must be returned at the end of the season) and athletes are eligible for Ski Santa Fe season lift ticket discounts.
Athletes must participate in a skills evaluation prior to registering for this program.
- New Dates Posted: 1/13/2024 @ Sipapu, 1/20/2024 @ Ski Santa Fe, 1/27/2024 @ Ski Santa Fe
- All athletes must participate in a skills evaluation to determine eligibility for the development team.
- Evaluations are free.
- Athletes will ski with SFST Coaches.
- Athletes must have a valid lift ticket and their own equipment including goggles and helmets.
- Approved athletes will be invited to register for the All Mountain Development Team.
- USSA membership not required for evaluations.
COMPETITIVE RACE PROGRAM | U8-U12 $1095 | U14-U19 $1,325
Registration is by invitation. If athlete is a first year participant, please register for a skills evaluation under the All Mountain Development Program above.
Our competitive program is designed for athletes who are committed to making their mark in winter sports. Our experienced coaches focus on progressive skill building, development of race tactics, and advanced techniques inside and outside of gates and training courses with an emphasis on the skier’s responsibility code and safe skiing, and respect for the mountain.
Athletes compete in Fun Races and U.S. Ski & Snowboard Rocky Mountain Southern Series Division Races. Advanced Racers can qualify for national and international competitions and compete at International Ski Federation (FIS) races. Athletes participating in USSA races are required to have FIS certified equipment.
Gate training is primarily conducted at Sipapu Ski Resort. In addition, athletes will have the opportunity to train at Ski Santa Fe (season pass discounts are available).
MASTER’S RACE PROGRAM | $690
Master racing is a division of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association, and is designed for intermediate and advanced skiers ages 21+. The Master schedule consists of gate race training and free skiing, with an emphasis on drills and skier development as a way to improve and further enjoy skiing. The Masters group consists of serious free skiers (serious about having fun and exploring), competitive racers, as well as skiers who just enjoy being outdoors.
***** NEW FOR 2023/2024 SEASON*****
MASTER’S SINGLE DAY DROP IN | $100/day
Just want to ski for a day with the Master’s coaches? Now you can!
SFST is offering single day drop in sessions at the following locations and times:
- Wednesdays @ Ski Santa Fe, 1:00 – 4:00 PM
- Saturdays @ Ski Santa Fe, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sundays @ Sipapu, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Gate Training)
Participants must register in advance. For Wednesday session, register by Sunday. For Saturday and Sunday sessions, register by Thursday.
Meet at the quad lift at 8:45 with Santa Fe Ski Team Coaches.